Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dream Cream

I've spent the last three weeks studying like a rockstar instead of partying like one and it's been rough. About half way through writing an epic research paper last week my eyes had just about give up from me- achy from hours on the computer, and puffy from five hours of sleep a night.

Good thing my research took me to the Clinique counter at Lord & Taylor during free gift with purchase time! When I purchased a new tube of Clarifying Makeup foundation I received a mini jar of All About Eyes- the most fantastic item in my stress-combating arsenal to date.

I've had bad luck with every anti-aging eye cream I've tried, they all break me out. I took a chance on this one because it has caffeine to reduce puffiness and my puffiness was getting a little out of control. The sales associate recommended keeping this in the fridge, and I have to admit this dish is best served cold- its silky texture is instantly soothing. It has a non-greasy drydown to boot, which doesn't interfere with eye makeup while still giving skin some moisture. This is a far superior product to MAC's Fast Response Eye Cream, which packs a more serious caffeine content but is drying with daily use. I've been able to use All About Eyes sometimes four times a day for the past two weeks with no dryness, no breakout, no irritation, and no signs of bags under my eyes. Paired with soothing eye drops, mascara, and a bit of MAC's Luna cream color base on my browbone and my eyes look fresh and well rested. It seems a bit overpriced at $27.50 for a half ounce, but it only takes a small dab per eye for great results. The only problem is getting your friends to believe that you only got two hours of sleep.

2 comments:

RetroB said...

Hi Aleta--

I've enjoyed reading your beauty product blog, and I thought you might be interested in joining Dove's Campaign For Real Beauty. It would be great to have your genuine support for this positive, self-esteem message.

My name is Victoria, and we've been asked by Dove to help raise awareness for their self-esteem programs and to help find passionate and genuine real beauty advocates to be part of this online community of supporters.

If you’re interested, I would love to give you an ‘inside look’ at the Self Esteem Fund and Dove’s new initiative for girls, an online reality series designed to give teens a reality check on factors that can impact their self-esteem.

To learn more about how to really get involved in supporting this message, as well as the Dove Self Esteem Fund, please be sure to visit www.rocketxl.com/dsef/assets.htm

Please let me know if you’re interested or would like to get involved in spreading this message. We would love to have your voice be included.

Thanks for your time,

Victoria
RocketXL

all-things-spiffy said...

I really like your blog, there are so many great and lengthy (in a good way) posts on here. I was a little surprised that you didn't get more comments (hope that doesn't offend you or anything), seeing as your posts are REALLY good.

Would you like to exchange links?