Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Not that I have time to start a blog...

especially with my senior thesis project, huge digital photography assignments, a part-time job, volunteering at Oregon School for the Blind, starting up the Anthropology club, getting my Little Sister through sorority initiation next week, and upcoming graduation all looming over my head...

But hey, if you're like me then you understand that pursuing beauty is a meditative process- from using luxe soap in the shower once in a while to spending months planning the perfect makeup look to wear for a special night out (hey maybe I do that obsessively). The problem becomes balancing enough beauty time with leading a hectic life. Over the past three and a half years of undergrad I've gone through cycles of exploring the newest beauty items and then cutting my stash down to the perfect essentials. People ask me for advice about all sorts of beauty related things all the time, and as an attempt to improve my general well-being I thought it's past time to create a blog on this subject. The topics I will most heavily concentrate on are beauty items- especially those that are time and cost effective, the answers to questions I get asked repeatedly, and my thoughts on new products when I get a chance to experiment with them (which shall unfortunately be rarely as I don't live in a big city and I have no time for the mall).

You're more than welcome to post comments, especially color suggestions for women with skin tones other than pale caucasian. I don't in any way mean for this blog to be ethnocentric, but at the same time I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on anyone's coloring but my own.

Enjoy!

No comments: