Friday, May 25, 2007

Going Red Update: Chanel Knockoff!


Friends, a little miracle occurred at work today. As some of you know I work for a plant nursery and my job is stocking plants at Home Depot. While I was moving carts of plants around I found a brand-new sealed Neutrogena MoistureShine gloss in Swizzle on the ground. As if this initial score weren't enough, when I inspected it during my break I discovered that the shade is an EXACT match to Chanel Spark glossimer- it's the same slightly cool toned raspberry red gloss with very fine gold microshimmer. I found that I even prefer the texture of the Neutrogena version to that of Chanel- Chanel feels a little sticky on the lips if you put on a thin coat, whereas the Neutrogena is delightfully not sticky in any way. It almost feels like a high shine lipstick instead of a gloss. If you were hesitant about checking out Chanel Spark because of the price (I know I was) then you have no excuses now, as the Neutrogena glosses are very affordable and regularly on sale. If you're doubtful about the color then at least go to a Chanel counter and try it on, you have nothing to lose with this drugstore look-alike available.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I love little surprises like that! also--the new lay out is easier to read! I've read through all the new entries with no signs of blurring eyes. thanks!