Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall Crush 2007

It's just a few days into official autumn here in central New York, and I find myself completely in love with everything that has a vintage Alpine winter aesthetic. I think it started when I developed a muscle spasm from my neck into my shoulder blade and wrapped myself up in chunky knits and using big smears of Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Headache Relief massage cream all over my back.

Some current favorites: nutella on croissants or crepes, ricola original formula (not at the same time as nutella), a warm mug of hot whiskey, and one of the best classic Bond Films- "In Her Majesty's Secret Service"

But as it applies to beauty goodies, it's all about a staunch regimen of exfoliation and moisturization. Some favorites:


Lush Bohemian Soap: Lush products were a favorite when I stayed in hostels during my study abroad in Ireland (which lacks Alps but its winter certainly holds its own). This soap smells like limoncello, a more European alternative to tropical salt and sugar scrubs when paired with a stiff scrub brush.

Neutrogena Swiss Formula Hand Cream: I love this silky formula, it sinks in beautifully, instantly replenishes, and leaves a gorgeous not-too-oily buffed sheen on nails and cuticles.


Bourjois Baume de Nuit Night Lip Balm: I'd be lying if I said I've never bought a book just for the cover, and I am simply in love with this packaging. I haven't bought this balm yet, but it's on my Sephora list for when I head back to Oregon in December (Syracuse is tragically without a Sephora). On question though- if it's a night treatment, why on earth is it tinted? Regardless, the glossy pink shown in the photo will either be nonexistent on lips, turn them into luscious Bond Girl goodness, or will be an ugly spackl-esque disaster as so many pale tinted balms inevitably are.

No comments: