Sunday, September 23, 2007

a little TLC

My friend and I fell in love with MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioners two years ago, only to find after a few days use that they dried our lips out badly- exactly what you don't want from tinted balm. It was a shame though, the range comes in limited but stunningly wearable punchy shades, although the packaging was reminiscent of a body fluids collection jar.

Some time ago MAC greatly imrpoved the packaging but I steared clear until a few days ago when I was doing some preliminary shopping for a friend. The formula seems improved as well- much creamier than before, it's almost a downright goop but retains the same utterly nonsticky but glossy texture as before. I also love the smell, a creamy vanilla with a hint of sunscreen (which I personally find comforting, although I know it annoys some people).

I had the people at MAC give my friend a sample to make sure the formula is really improved, so just FYI if you ask them for one and explain the lip peeling concern they'll do the same for you. But at $14.50 for .5 oz these are really a steal, and cheaper than drugstore lipsticks.

For me the standout must-have shade is Gentle Coral- looks neon orange in the pot but it picks up the tone of your lips and transforms into something ranging from punchy pink to milky apricot depending on how rosy your lips are, kind of like the magic of those mood lipsticks of the 80s. It has flattered everyone I've seen it on, from the olive skinned with dark hair to porcelain skinned blondes. I'm also absolutely in love with Virtuous Violet- looks like it was made specifically for ladies with Natalie Portman's coloring, so if you have that going on then this is a must-have. Petting Pink (shown above) is gorgeous in the pot, but if your lips are rosy this doesn't have enough color payoff.

No comments: