Sunday, September 9, 2007

No more excuses!

Skincare is hard to maintain on week-ends; late nights out with friends, sleepovers, frantic hustles to the gym to make up for all the bar food that ended up in front of you. Even if you have the best intentions, as the weather gets colder (and especially if you live in an appartment building) how long can you really stand in front of a sink at 3 in the morning waiting for the tap water to warm up?

When summer term started I invested in a pack of Target brand Make-Up Remover Cleansing Towelettes and after two months use I have found these to be a lifesaver. Sold in a pack of 30, these little wonders boast tea antioxidant complex and contain chamomile and vitamin E- all of which will sooth irritation and combat the damages caused by all those week-end late night sins. As a bonus I've found that I don't need any moisturizer after these, so they're perfect to keep bedside- not washing your face because you forgot and you're already in bed is no longer an excuse! I scanned the ingredients list and while these do contain alcohol- a general deal breaker for quality skincare- it hasn't caused me any problems and my skin is definitely on the sensitive/reactive side. It shouldn't be a problem unless you get in the habit of using these every day, which I don't recommend.

These are also perfect for tossing in your bag for after the gym or freshening up on a hot day- they're soothing and refreshing but don't make skin feel stripped and they also provide just enough moisture without feeling heavy.

No comments: