Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fall Must-Haves

During my eight hour drive from Virginia to New York I entertained myself with my iPod and thinking about fall make-up. To my dismay, I got home and the September Allure had somehow ripped off all my ideas.

My favorites:

Tangerine Lips- whip out that Chanel Coral Reef glossimer and Fresh Portrait of a Lady blush I mentioned earlier, and pair it with sheer chocolate or champage on the eyes- just avoid heavy shimmer and go for a subtle pearl texture instead.

Slate Eyeshadow- Personally I find the eyeshadow too heavily applied in this photo but the lips are spot-on; the perfect stained warm berry. Allure used Superstay Glos in Golden Toffee by Maybelline, I like Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. For eyes I like doing a smoky smudged line of gunmetal shadow like Tarte's Here's Looking at You and blending in Stila Shore, a complex lilac gray, on top or up to the crease for night.

Aside from Allure, here's my other top fall picks:

Tarte Blushing Bride cheekstain- the perfect dewy berry blush for fall, very cold weather NE collegiate. It's not too red or too cool toned unlike so many gel/liquid stain blushes

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey- goes perfectly with Blushing Bride, this looks like you've been eating blackberries all day. One caveat: the formula could be more moisturizing, so use some balm underneath. Usually I pass on products that don't have adequate texture but this color is just too perfect to pass up.

MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow- this brown has gorgeous dimension and can be used as a sheer wash or as an intense smoky eye. It's slightly cool toned so it looks great throughout fall's weather spectrum but it's not so cool toned that it won't work with your fading tan. I love to buff this lightly on my lid from lashes to crease with a soft fluffly brush and mascara and a little liner, it adds the perfect ammount of depth and sparkle

Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Blush- I added this to my stash last year, it gives me those enviable Carrie Bradshaw winter cheeks circa end of season 6 when she was dating The Russian. It looks vibrant in the pan but goes on a delicate ballet pink which again works wonders as your tan fades. If this shade doesn't work for you, Bobbi has added a few new shades in the fresh pink/peach spectrum that are all equally stunning.

Stella by Stella McCartney- my quintessential fall fragrance, this pairing of fresh rose and sultry amber is superb. The best thing about this fragrance is that it absolutely melts into your body's own scent, your clothing, or anything else you spray it on; it becomes a part of you in the sexiest way. I'm particularly obsessed with the way it blends with the scent of paper, and I keep a tester card tucked into my trusty Moleskine notebook.

No comments: