Thursday, February 21, 2008

have date, need mascara!

One of my good friends always buys a new pair of jeans before a date with a new guy.  Another always swings by Victoria's Secret (I've never asked what she gets).  Not surprisingly, I often find myself at the makeup counter- something about hanging out with someone new always makes me want to tweak my routine and give it something a little special.  For my college sweetheart I bought my first Chanel Glossimer in Spark; the one after, Bobbi Brown's Pale Pink blush.  This time I wanted the look of false lashes, but who has time to fuss in front of a mirror with tweezers and glue?  Instead I opted for Lancome's Lash Fatale, probably one of the most impressive beauty products I've encountered.  
I used to think that the whole "adds drama to your lashes" thing was just marketing jargon, but I see what they're talking about now- I had no idea my lashes could be this long, thick, and black without looking even a little spidery or droopy.  The three-sided comb is a bit bizarre, but placed at the lash roots and slowly combed through it coats each of my lashes, lengthens them, and gives a little lift.  As a bonus, it gets the base of the lashes so perfectly coated it almost gives the effect of liquid liner.  I've been a devoted fan of Maybelline Full'n'Soft since high school, but it really doesn't hold a candle to what Lash Fatale does in terms of making my eyes look gorgeous and huge (and will probably thus be demoted to weekend mascara).  I don't even have eye shadow on today and I can't get over how great my eyes look; I can't even fathom the impact this will have on the battle against looking like a zombie in the morning.  And conveniently, Lancome counters carry disposable versions of the brush so if you want to try it on you can get the full experience- no crappy spoolie brush will get in the way!  Retails for $23, but if you love the idea of ridiculous lashes this is a MUST try at the counter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I made it in to your blog!! O and I totally love your blog it is amazing! You are so talented!