Tuesday, February 12, 2008

serious splurge alert!

I know a lot of people swear you get what you pay for when it comes to skincare, but I’m still a bit in shock that I paid $60 for Dr. Weil for Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Face Cream. When it came out over a year ago I was more skeptical of the pseudo-sciency description that claimed this cream makes your skin go into hibernation like a plant bulb, and I thought the price tag was insane. But Kristen over at The Beauty Addict swears by this stuff for stressed out skin, which my skin always is let alone when it’s 7 degrees outside with fierce wind. I was out of my usual Hope in a Jar anyway, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to step outside my comfort zone and see if this cream is really all that.Unfortunately for my wallet, this stuff definitely rocks. I’ve been using it for a week and I can honestly say my skin is never this soft between weekly exfoliation. My pores seem less congested, my cheeks lack any trace of redness, and there’s nary a blemish lurking below the surface. If you suffer from stress or hormone related skin problems, this cream’s anti-inflammatory ingredients do wonders. Plus, it moisturizes like a dream- it goes on buttery but absorbs nicely and leaves a silky, almost silicony finish that makes foundation glide on beautifully. Yes it’s $60, which I do think is ridiculous, but it’s an investment worth considering if you’re sick of stress and winter ravaging your skin.

1 comment:

all-things-spiffy said...

my skin has been REALLY dry lately, might give it a try some time! :) Thanks for adding me to your blog roll, I've added you too!