Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Zen & the Art of Moisture Maintenance"

I'll be honest, I'm a little late to the yoga party and I'm not quite convinced it lives up to its hype.  While I enjoy all the variations on grabbing my leg behind my head, I need more than a little help "feeling my connection with the Earth Mother."  Enter Self Meditating body butter with rice bran oil and green tea from the True Blue Spa: Far East Escape collection at Bath & Body Works.
I tried this cream with as least as much skepticism as I did yoga- how many kinds of body butter does B&BW really need?  And isn't the Far East trend pretty much over?  This thick cream spreads on beautifully and moisturizes for hours like most body butters, but what sold me is the smell: sweet green tea with a hint of rose petals, reminiscent of Fresh's Memoirs of a Geisha limited edition fragrance.  While the scent can be a bit cloying at first, it mellows out and hangs softly on the skin within ten minutes.  I used this the other day before class, when I knew I was going to have a difficult time taking Downward Facing Dog seriously, and the scent of this cream really helped me turn off all the clatter in my brain and breathe.  Now that I've used this before pulling out my sticky mat a couple times, the scent even seems to help me fall a sleep more peacefully and I wake up with soft, beautifully scented skin- truly "Zen and the Art of Moisture Maintenance," as the back of the tub reads.  The added benefit of antioxidant-rich green tea and soothing rice bran oil make this a steal at $15.

No comments: