Saturday, February 16, 2008

study break: "The Spiderwick Chronicles"

I've been excited about "The Spiderwick Chronicles" since I saw a teaser trailer last summer.  I wasn't expecting it to be as awesome as it was ("Labyrinth" meets "Jumanji" with some pretty darn good acting) but I also wasn't expecting the makeup to be so darn pretty!  I could believe the makeup artists at Lucky magazine had a hand in it.  It's exactly the sort of effortless look they love to rock (see picture below)- stainy red or soft pinky nude lips and cheeks paired with full lashes and bare lids, perfect for the office or a walk in the woods.  It was just stunning on Mary-Louise Parker and Sarah Bolger, and fit with the practical-fantastical vibe of the movie.  I couldn't find a good picture of either actress from the film, so consider this an excuse to hit the cinema!  To get the look, I'd recommend Stila Convertible Color in Rose or Peony, one of the best (read: low maintenance) dual lip and cheek products on the market.  Both colors are natural and romantic and the formula melts into skin beautifully.

No comments: